Making New Dog Breeds

Worrying about AKC (or any other governing body) approval as a 'breed' is MASSIVELY premature... first you'd have to get 'em to BREED TRUE.

That's a whole lifetime of work right *there*.

Pat

Quote:
Yea, you'd be surprized at how many short haired dogs there are that come in frequently. I'm not sure about all of the reasons they do it...but i think like you said a lot of them don't want to do thing like trim nails or express picky glands. At the moment I think a lot of people are bringing their short haired dogs because they usually give them a bath outside but it's too cold to do it now. But most of the short haired dogs (even the pitbulls) behave very well. It's mainly the labs that pull and jump around constantly. Maybe it's the craze that surrounds them that has produced tons of poorly bred dogs...and since it's so popular people who get a lab probably think labs must be easier to train than less popular dogs.

Last edited:
They're easy to train if you can wear them out enough
tongue.png
A tired dog is a good dog, whatever the breed. It's people owning a hunting dog that have no need and no business owning one that result in crazy labs, that and poor breeding choices. Labs are wonderful family dogs, if they have a job too.

Back
Top Bottom