Making the most of it.

Pics
Been a day ... Long but not super bad. Way early dinner tonight. Thank god for my mom that bought a 12 piece chicken meal from winco and some orange chicken. The boys couldn't wait for me to hear everything up... Full big plates of yummy chicken and rice, jojos orange chicken, generals chicken and Hawaiian rolls!!!! Big eyes bigger than their bellies but they were very thankful for a good meal!!!!! Trust me, we are okay living off of hotdogs and Mac and cheese or canned goods but it's been a week of not the greatest meals. Tomorrow I get to restock the kitchen. Trying to cut costs now. I really want to get back to working but it scares me having the last few days I had. One day at a time. Things will turn around. Well off to spend some quality time with the boys. Have a groooooovy day.

Takes a tribe to raise a child. In your case a few, lol. My family is only just getting started. I can see you do all you can. The chickens were my first step in doing all I could for mine. A suggestion in the notion of consumption, you might need more chickens. Lol. People look at me weird when I say I have 50 birds, and I think if you only knew what gears were turning in my head.
Good evening to you and your family
Onward and upward
Attimus

Good morning and Go Hawks!!!!!

Yesterday I noticed Ethel sitting by my back door... Looking puffed up. I went out and she didn't want to be touched but didn't move away fast either.... I threw some treats to see if she would eat with the rest of them and she came but just stood... I followed her around for a minute as she went behind our old broken down car and noticed that she got into the egg laying position and plopped out a soft shelled egg.... The other birds had it devoured before I could get to it. After that she was fine. Ethel always lays in the box except the two times that I am aware of that she layed a soft shell.... It seems she knows the difference... I also noticed that she seems to lay a soft shell the day after laying a large egg.... I'm not sure if it's related but it seems like it... Anyway, gonna cut out the cayenne pepper and increase calcium. Poor baby. Her system just can't seem to regulate. Good news, the fiancé just came in and told me Alice was in the nest box. Fingers cross!!!!! Have to try and pick up oyster shell today then it's hours of watching my vinnie play some football. Go Crusaders!!!!! Have a great day.

Been battling a head ache all day but I managed to get oyster shell and put it out in a seperate bowl for the girls... They didn't seem interested but I will wait and see. My wonderful boyfriend was able to get off early and watch go to the games tonight so I get some peace and quiet.. No eggs today. It is what it is but the good news is I was able to force myself to over hall my refrigerator.. I live a clean and fresh fridge. Angel and Alice have been checking out nesting boxes but no eggs and no one squats for me. Ethel seems to be eating like crazy!!! Hope she's good and she has been busy really scratching around everywhere!!! Doesn't spend much time with the flock. Her behind looks a little filthy around the fluff. Checked her poops and they look normal... Maybe a good washing or trimming is in need. Not today though.. Today I need to have the ibprofin I'm not suppose to take because of my hiatus hernia to kick in... Couldn't help it, Tylenol wasn't doing much and I was desperate. Today I am thankful, I am thankful for my folks and my little family.... I hope the boys have fun cheering on vinnie. This is the first year where only one of the boys is playing football. I'm grateful for the break of you can imaging three different teams... Practices and a mix of league and high school football. Last year was crazy. I'm also very pleased that my older ones are taking this year off to focus on studies... My oldest is an honor kid taking calculus as a sophomore and last year he struggled with time fitting in practices games and school. The second kid is taking a forced break... Bummer for a quarterback but it is what it is. I'm proud of all of them... Two starting running backs... And a quarterback.... But I'm happy for the slight break... And the opportunity to cheer my third child on!!! He needs to be the rock star for a bit. I see a lot of change coming my way but I will remain excitedly expectant and not worried. Hope you all have a good evening, I'm gonna wait and see if one of the boys brings me back a yummy league burger from the game and go to bed. 8 days until my small little wedding!!!! Can't wait to marry my best friend!!!! See ya soon.

Back
Top Bottom