Making the most of it.

Pics
I got all the morning chores done or at least the ones I cared about anyway.... Raked chicken poo and shoved dog gifts so none of that stuff gets tracked around... Decided to sit outside in this extremely hot day and work on football bracelets for the boys that Devin will present to them during the wedding.... Got that done... Now just enjoying chicken TV... Watching the girls take turns dirt bathing and then catching these tiny flying ants that have made an appearance in our yard today. The dogs are sunbathing and protecting us from squirrels and I am just sitting back relaxing with every breeze listening to the birds chirp and probably will remain out here for the rest of the day.... The house is an oven. Yes there are things to do but that's what tomorrow is for. God bless. Hope your day is good

Pretty pretty Gabriel the jersey giant...

The heat was pretty bad today.... Ethel couldn't even lay. I need to sleep... But instead I know I will be laying here reading chicken blogs and looking up random things. I wonder if this heat is why the girls aren't starting to lay. Got lots to do tomorrow. Nothing fun but still important. Hoping to be able to have a decent dinner tomorrow. Funds ran out before payday which meant canned goods for dinner., but yet I am still grateful for those goods. Two family sized cans of ravioli and a can of biscuits. If only I had the taste buds of a ten year old!!!! Lol well gonna end the night on a good note with a picture of the monkeys. Good night.

Good morning!!! Looks and sounds like the temperature is gonna drop by 20 degrees today. I will take it. That should mAke the girls happy. Going to try and figure out my budget and see if I can replace my bag of feed earlier. I bought a bag of all purpose xcell feed do to the recommendation of the tractor store lady. But they never really liked it and I would have to dress it up. Plus I read all purpose feed may not have all the nutrients they need. I tried fermenting to get through the bag but then my dogs started eating it. Yesterday I googled xcel to figure out the percentages of protein and calcium in the feed but I didn't find it... But I did find that this particular feed mill based near my home town had been tagged by the fda for mad cow in their feed... That was years ago though and I bet they cleaned it up. I also researched reviews and they were close to five stars with tons of people praising their feed..... What to do. I hate that I get ocd about things. I need to learn to leave well enough alone. Any way... Lots of cleaning to catch up on today. Hope everyone is experiencing a slight cool down today... I know, not possible. My heart is out to our firefighter and everyone in eastern Washington today as they battle the wild fires and for those we have already lost. Be smart and don't start a fire.... The evergreen state is now more a tan. Have a good day.

Quote: Yeah, they can be hard to find at first.
Best to be able to part the feathers to see the vent, maybe have someone hold the chicken for you, then feel to either side for the pelvic points.
Once you learn what they feel like, it's much easier find them without looking.

Re: your feed ingredients..... it's the law that all feed be tagged with nutrient levels and ingredients.
Labels are usually sewn into bottom of bag.

Back
Top Bottom