Making the most of it.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lindalouly, Aug 4, 2015.

1. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

This is what happens when I feel down. I take it out in the kitchen!!!! My poor kids

2. lindalouly

Well never mind... Guess I can't post pictures right now

3. lindalouly

Well I know I said I was going to put the green house on hold but I have seen some cute ideas.... Question: would anyone recommend a cheaper plastic style green house you can buy from big lots for a beginner for an area with lots of rain or wind... My other option I was debating about is trying to build from recycles windows and glass doors. The growing season in Washington is short. I would also like to be able to create a way to capture rain and store to use to water plants and stuff.... Hmmmm I have big dreams with a small budget.

4. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Congrats on the wedding! Wishing you many happy years together[​IMG]

5. lindalouly

Thank you outpost!!!!!!

6. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

I have it marked down when my chicks hatched but seldom look to remind myself how old they are, mostly when I start worrying about the cockerels getting pushy with each other. Lol. Speaking of a second kelso started crowing this morning. fun stuff.

7. lindalouly

When is the common age for roosters to start crowing? Little Jerry Seinfeld is 18 weeks old. He gets picked on by the 24 week year old girls. Lol they don't hurt him, just put him in his place.

8. lindalouly

My jersey girl Gabriel squatted really good for me today!!!!!! Yeah aw!!!!!!!!! Getting close.

9. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

Funny enough I have 3 different hatches of chickens maturing and have only heard two from the first and now this one from the last and none of the in betweens so it seems to vary with maturity, breed and flock dynamic I guess.

10. lindalouly

[​IMG]
    This weeks egg collection. The white are from Alice and the brown are from Ethel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by