Malay thread

YEA!! Looks like I will be making a road trip tomorrow to pick up two Malay's from jla0499! I cant wait! I used to have a pair of these awesome birds and enjoyed them so much! They will have a great home here!

Hi I'm a Malay enthusiast and I've got sixteen hens and two cocks. Malays shouldn't have white legs they have yellow legs with spurs that grow down instead of upwards.

I don't know the exact standard at your fair for the Malay and don't know a lot about asil standard, because they're so many types. Several of my black malay have black portions on their legs. Find out what standard they're using for both birds and Google it or just call fair officials and see if they can get you some information. They're a lot of people sale a lot of birds and claim it to be a certain type, but if your not real familiar with the breed or getting from a reputable breeder, your taking a big chance. I would also stay away from Hatcheries. They cross most of they're oriental birds to get better egg production.

u now thats just wrong there ruining the breeds jeans
the hatcheries i mean

Here's some pics of my Malays!

I have a lot of young ones that I've decided to grow up (mainly Blue Wheaten). I also have a Malay x Cubalaya that I got from a good friend.

Gallo was not leading you astray. There is nothing in the world Malay about these birds.

Malay Pairs for Sale (young)
The REAL ones

Wheaten in color - I will not be keeping any of the wheatens raised this year

Father and mothers pictured

Serious Inquiries ONLY

[email protected]
(305) 836-6823

Folks, if you really want some Malays then look no further than aviangems; there are a few other breeders in the East, but with most you'll just be wasting your time and money. If you start right then you have a lot better chance of finishing right. doc

All legs. 3.5 month old malay stag. Bottom pic is a yardstick I have up against his leg. Over 15 inches from top of drumstick to tip of toe and leg is bent. Really interested in seeing how this guy ends up.

Youngest bird I kept for next year. Barely 3 months old. Pullets about beat him to death so I keep him alone to he gets a little age on him.

Black Malay pullet. I kept three of these for next year. Tall and long bodies. They're dominant toward any other fowl.

Back
Top Bottom