~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Congrats to both of you! And I'm glad you like the photo Toni
smile.png
Thank you.

From what I understand (someone else with more knowledge please chime in), you don't want black or willow legs for breeding because it is hard to breed out. The standard is yellow for Seramas. I sold all my black and willow legged babies from last winter as pets and people were thrilled to have them! I think all depends what you want your Sermas for. I'm pretty sure you can't show Seramas with black legs...

At this time, white is the only color Serama that HAS to have yellow legs. Black and green legs can be bred out in a generation or two...and that should be our ultimate goal...but not terribly sinful at this point. Yellow or swarthy (on black birds) will be required as other color birds become ABA recognized.

Quote:
Congrats to both of you! And I'm glad you like the photo Toni
smile.png
Thank you.

From what I understand (someone else with more knowledge please chime in), you don't want black or willow legs for breeding because it is hard to breed out. The standard is yellow for Seramas. I sold all my black and willow legged babies from last winter as pets and people were thrilled to have them! I think all depends what you want your Sermas for. I'm pretty sure you can't show Seramas with black legs...

At this time, white is the only color Serama that HAS to have yellow legs. Black and green legs can be bred out in a generation or two...and that should be our ultimate goal...but not terribly sinful at this point. Yellow or swarthy (on black birds) will be required as other color birds become ABA recognized.

Thank you! That is good to know. I was told by a couple people that green was easy to breed out but black was harder so I just decided to stay away from any with black legs because I really did want to try and only have and produce yellow legged Seramas. So swarthy is ok..or will be ok you think? I have a couple black Seramas and they have yellow legs already
bow.gif

Thank You June bug,
Good to know, so far he seems to have other redeeming qualities.
( Like, I am in love with him
lol.png

Took a couple new photos of two of my roosters - Thaddeus "T-Bone" and Romeo. Both were more interested in the floor than the window (what I use to get my birds to pose) but it was a good effort
big_smile.png
I love the purple sheen in Romeo's wings...and Thaddeus is just my little goofy fluff ball. I included a photo of my porcelain d'Uccle Willie, who has been hanging out next to Napoleon, my biggest strutter. I'm pretty sure Willie thinks he is a Serama
lol.png

Romeo
DSC_0015-10.jpg

DSC_0016-11.jpg

Thaddeus
DSC_0008-20-1.jpg

DSC_0001-33.jpg

Willie, the Serama wanna be
smile.png

DSC_0020-8.jpg

DSC_0023-3.jpg

Last edited:
Last year, I had only a few with yellow legs (lots of black legs)....and lots of white on the ear lobes. I've made great progress in both areas in a short time. This year, many with yellow legs, and mostly red earlobes. Go for great type and fix the legs and ear lobes as you can. mho

Quote:
Yeah i was going to be on a business trip for 2 years but decided to stay and take care of everything.. but i still have 3 seramas that i will be bring to the meet on sept. for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom