Male/Female and what breed???

Yes- the black one is a hen and her deep red color indicates that she is laying. I agree with her being a Black Orpington. The others are also hens, one looks like a Black-Sex Link and the other possibly a RIR, though it looks a bit light in color.
The white hen looks like she is quite a bit younger then the others. Could be a Leghorn, but I think their combs are very pronounced even at a young age. White Rock? I don't know if they are commen in your area. I don't have much experience with Leghorns so I'm just guessing.
Nice look'in gals though. Add a Buff Orpington and a Light Sussex and you will have a nice little flock
smile.png

I too think that they are nice looking gals so thank you so much i absolutly love them and can spend hours just watching them lol
big_smile.png

I did wonder if the white one was a lot younger because her comb was so pale and small!!

She looks like she is about 2 months old. She could be just as tall as the others but very slender.
I love sitting in a comfy chair in the backyard with an ice cold drink watching my ladies. Life don't get much better!

My first impression was EE. But she has a single comb and what looks like yellow legs. My Pearl looks just like her except for the legs. Perhaps she is an Orphington, they might turn white before laying.

Where did you get them?? I would say it is not an EE, just my guess. They may be Sexlinks or sexlink crosses. They look like good ole' egglayin chickens
big_smile.png
Barnyard mix maybe.

I got them from a local breeder whos name i got off the internet she is properly registered and sells 100's of them all different breeds! The receipt she gave me though doesnt indicate what they are at all though it just has the colours of them written down! Great help that is lol
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom