Male specific behavior and traits in poults? Is there such a thing?

Those are young toms and you can see that their mohawks are slowly disappearing..
Really?!? Even though they spit and drum and turn bright red and display… Really? What about their snoods? Hens can do all this?

Disregard… I thought you said they’re young hens and I don’t have my reading glasses on :) and I chose to edit this comment rather than delete it in case you got a notification :) good, I was hoping they were tons :) I was pretty sure :)

So I ended up with a 50-50 split, and knock on wood- as of tomorrow I successfully brooded 8 of 8. I didn’t lose one! :wee
Now I’ve probably cursed myself…

Sounds good to me. I love the turkey talk and sharing information and knowledge. :) I'm kinda nuts for turkeys. R2elk is extremely knowledgeable about turks as well.
I can’t tell you how happy that is making me :) that you guys are willing to share information and talk and teach :) there are very little resources outside of this website to learn and grow and expand your knowledge about these animals. It’s almost as if they’re disposable and nobody has learned how to treat them outside of this community

Back
Top Bottom