Male vs. female pekin

Shalva

Songster
9 Years
Mar 19, 2012
New Hampshire
I am going tomm. to get a couple ducks and I am trying to decide what I want. I was wondering if there is a difference in temperament between males and females.. I know that females are a bit noisier but other than that is there a difference ...

I think the ducks are straight run so I could end up with a male and female and I really don't want hatching eggs so that has me concerned so I am considering just paying the extra money and ordering a couple to be shipped where I will know the sex.

any thoughts. please
thanks you
Steph

If you don't want hatching eggs, just collect the egg every day. They don't hatch that way. If you don't want eggs at all, then you will need males.

I dont mind eggs I dont want them hatching .... that is my concern... are there any other differences between maels and females temperament wise that you know of

Personally, I'd just snag 2 at your farm store or TSC or where ever you can get them locally. With just 2, you won't notice much of a difference. A large flock of boys you may start to see differences, but even then, not always.
Hang with them as you brood them and they will be friendly. And if you end up with one of each, just collect the eggs and there will be no hatching.

thank you so much for your advice... that is what I am going to do... the farm store has them so I will go and get two... more than anything I just want pets... I have 18 chickens for eggs and all of that but I really just want a couple of nice pets...
again thank you so much
steph

Back
Top Bottom