Males behaviour

inkedlady

Chirping
6 Years
May 24, 2013
Stoke-on-Trent. Uk
My 2 male swedes have both been doing a strange thing ,they lower their heads n then they charge forward is this a mating thing as they don't fight they are real best buddies follow each other everywhere

It's strange but it is funny and they end up facing each other and their heads look like a love heart I've tried to video them doing it but Neva do it when I want them too

It's strange but it is funny and they end up facing each other and their heads look like a love heart I've tried to video them doing it but Neva do it when I want them too

You may even see them try to mate with each other which is normal behavior, Just don't let them try it with you or children if you have any.

My females will try catching flies in the yard by stretching their necks out, lowering their heads to the ground and charging at them. They also do this to the chickens when they're too close.

I've seen one get one top of a girl n then they other climbed on his back

And that can be dangerous for the duck if she is in deep water. I didn't realize you had ducks to go with your drakes. Could just be some dominant behavior your seeing then,. My ducks do the neck stretching up at the pool they will stretch their necks out and skim the top of the water.

Back
Top Bottom