Mallard duckling dad in Denmark

arnaromarsson

In the Brooder
May 27, 2024
Hi there!

Early April this year me and my housemates (I live in a 5 person collective in the Danish countryside) found an abandoned duck's egg and brought it in. We made sure to not go near it for 3 days in case the mother came back. We cared for the egg with a lot of knowledge from this community (so thank you!) and it hatched a healthy and strong mallard duckling. Now it's about 4 weeks old.

I'm an artist and 3D animator, but love to split my time up in front of the computer and in my garden. I'm very happy to join this community as I have a lot of questions :) but I will make a thread in the "Ducks" section of this page for that.

Thanks again to you all for sharing your knowledge!

Best,
Arnar

Hi there!

Early April this year me and my housemates (I live in a 5 person collective in the Danish countryside) found an abandoned duck's egg and brought it in. We made sure to not go near it for 3 days in case the mother came back. We cared for the egg with a lot of knowledge from this community (so thank you!) and it hatched a healthy and strong mallard duckling. Now it's about 4 weeks old.

I'm an artist and 3D animator, but love to split my time up in front of the computer and in my garden. I'm very happy to join this community as I have a lot of questions :) but I will make a thread in the "Ducks" section of this page for that.

Thanks again to you all for sharing your knowledge!

Best,
Arnar
Welcome. As you probably already know, we have a lot of duck members here to help.

Back
Top Bottom