Mallard ducklings question

Pics
Oh... I uploaded pics for you... I guess I'm just a nervous nelly... will the yellow ones them turn the "snowy mallards" which is more white? for male and/or female? That would be nice

These are Snowy Mallards...

images.jpg

And as juveniles they all tend to have dark heads...

2b42bba5e5294b8f20f5b535dbb790a2.jpg

If they grow out like these, then they are Snowys... I am not versed in Mules to say *for certain* they are not crossed mules, but they look like Snowy to me... are you planning to sell them anytime soon or let them grow out and see?

I was planning to sell them when I could determine the sex and sell in pairs if I could. I'm guessing the male snowy (if it's a male) will have the green head as well?

These are Snowy Mallards...

View attachment 1047504

And as juveniles they all tend to have dark heads...

View attachment 1047505

If they grow out like these, then they are Snowys... I am not versed in Mules to say *for certain* they are not crossed mules, but they look like Snowy to me... are you planning to sell them anytime soon or let them grow out and see?

I was planning to sell them when I could determine the sex and sell in pairs if I could. I'm guessing the male snowy (if it's a male) will have the green head as well?

Gender won't be evident til at least 6-8 weeks old, females will quack before males will get their adult plumage (at about 4 months old)... but yes, the males will still have green heads...

If you aren't planning to sell until they are sexable, then IF they are crosses, it should definitely be apparent by then... please update as they age, or feel free to contact me for any other questions... :)

For the record, the ducklings I showed you are from my own Call ducks... Snowy Calls and Snowy Mallards have the same gene pattern... :D

Ahhh you're awesome thank you so so very much...!!

Gender won't be evident til at least 6-8 weeks old, females will quack before males will get their adult plumage (at about 4 months old)... but yes, the males will still have green heads...

If you aren't planning to sell until they are sexable, then IF they are crosses, it should definitely be apparent by then... please update as they age, or feel free to contact me for any other questions... :)

For the record, the ducklings I showed you are from my own Call ducks... Snowy Calls and Snowy Mallards have the same gene pattern... :D

Back
Top Bottom