Mallard ducklings question

You're right, if there is a problem in the morning, I'll know it wasn't him.. :) But I think I will still keep him out anyway. Thank you!!! You made the light bulb go off LOL

Some drakes are great fathers, just some tend to be *jealous* of any others closer to their mate than them...

Good deal... better to be safe than sorry, imo... :)

These are Snowy Mallards...

View attachment 1047504

And as juveniles they all tend to have dark heads...

View attachment 1047505

If they grow out like these, then they are Snowys... I am not versed in Mules to say *for certain* they are not crossed mules, but they look like Snowy to me... are you planning to sell them anytime soon or let them grow out and see?

I am searching for a trio of snowy mallards, can be duckling or older. Do you know where I could find them. Jim Leis [email protected]

@Ravynscroft Are there any pictures available for 2 week old snowy mallards, specifically their beaks? and maybe some regular mallard ducklings at 2 weeks, beaks?

Not that I have seen so far... if you're trying to sex them by bill color, it doesn't work... bill color isn't gender specific for those until after they're voice sexable, male bills *usually* turn green or yellow once they go through their adult molt...

ok, gotcha...I'm guessing taller ones, skinny legs aren't an indication either. I want to keep a male and female of the snowy but don't want to sell the wrong ones LOL

Not that I have seen so far... if you're trying to sex them by bill color, it doesn't work... bill color isn't gender specific for those until after they're voice sexable, male bills *usually* turn green or yellow once they go through their adult molt...

ok, gotcha...I'm guessing taller ones, skinny legs aren't an indication either. I want to keep a male and female of the snowy but don't want to sell the wrong ones LOL

Yeah, nope I wouldn't trust that either if you want to be sure... best to wait til they're 6-8 weeks old and the girls find their quacks...

Back
Top Bottom