Mallard Egg no sign of external pip

I couldn’t see one or I failed to identify one . The moment I peeled out the outer membrane near the pip , a beak came gushing out , so dark inside , I am a bit scared to inspect further . If nothing develops for another 10 hrs am I ok to intervene?

I couldn’t see one or I failed to identify one . The moment I peeled out the outer membrane near the pip , a beak came gushing out , so dark inside , I am a bit scared to inspect further . If nothing develops for another 10 hrs am I ok to intervene?
Yes if nothing happens I would start to slowly peel shell in the direction of where the zip would be then check the inner membrane for veins
But I would let @WVduckchick have a chance to see that last video
You can also now watch the beak for chewing and yawning motions
If baby is doing those it’s still absorbing
If it’s just breathing and not doing the others then it’s most likely ready
Hopefully he is able to start zipping when ready
It’s much less stressful to watch them hatch naturally :)

Yes if nothing happens I would start to slowly peel shell in the direction of where the zip would be then check the inner membrane for veins
But I would let @WVduckchick have a chance to see that last video
You can also now watch the beak for chewing and yawning motions
If baby is doing those it’s still absorbing
If it’s just breathing and not doing the others then it’s most likely ready
Hopefully he is able to start zipping when ready
It’s much less stressful to watch them hatch naturally :)
I can see the beak making chewing motions and a yawn too ! Which means I'll leave it alone for now :) .. I agree so much less stressful to watch them hatch naturally , I wasn't expecting to assist the first hatch lol.. At least its alive and seems to be ok , which is most important

I can see the beak making chewing motions and a yawn too ! Which means I'll leave it alone for now :) .. I agree so much less stressful to watch them hatch naturally , I wasn't expecting to assist the first hatch lol.. At least its alive and seems to be ok , which is most important
I never wanted to assist either
It was beyond stressful and
It was my first batch
my eggs were very small all but 2 needed help
@WVduckchick helped me get through them and I have healthy 4.5 month old ducks
Since then I learned a lot and can try to help others
My girl now lays much bigger eggs and they hatch naturally
Keep us updated on babies progress
And posting pictures once hatched is a must :))

Thank you , I have a better view now . Here’s a video of the baby duck 40 hours since 1st external pip . I can see a sticky yellow fluid below the membranes

He couldn’t have hatched on his own . I think humidity was too low during incubation, the membrane was all leathery .. I made an executive call to help him at the 40 hour from pip mark . I am glad I did . There was no unabsorbed yolk , no red blood vessels , the little fella was ready to come out .. post a video shortly

He couldn’t have hatched on his own . I think humidity was too low during incubation, the membrane was all leathery .. I made an executive call to help him at the 40 hour from pip mark . I am glad I did . There was no unabsorbed yolk , no red blood vessels , the little fella was ready to come out .. post a video shortly
So glad he is doing good

Back
Top Bottom