Mallard Egg no sign of external pip

He is a rescued egg from my garden . His mom laid a couple of eggs last month by the little pond we have , but never came back for it. I had two on the incubator , the other one wasn’t fertile . X
This little one is going to get very lonely
Setting up a mirror and a little stuffy to cuddle for baby
But even better if you can find another duckling in your area same age or within a few days
Lone ducks need attention 24/7
I had a special needs one for 4 weeks and I got babysitters for him when I left to watch my sons hockey or he would cry and cry
He needed to see me at all times
He also couldn’t walk on his own so I needed to make sure he would be okay when I left

He is a rescued egg from my garden . His mom laid a couple of eggs last month by the little pond we have , but never came back for it. I had two on the incubator , the other one wasn’t fertile .
This little one is going to get very lonely
Setting up a mirror and a little stuffy to cuddle for baby
But even better if you can find another duckling in your area same age or within a few days
Lone ducks need attention 24/7
I had a special needs one for 4 weeks and I got babysitters for him when I left to watch my sons hockey or he would cry and cry
He needed to see me at all times
He also couldn’t walk on his own so I needed to make sure he would be okay when I left
Ah bless , I am going to do that as soon as he moves to the brooder tomorrow. I won’t have him for more than a few days , as I am travelling and have a full on job . But I have lined up a ‘duck rescue home’ where he will be looked after And have many more ducks to grow up with . I’ll be sad to part with him but he Will be happier there .

Ah bless , I am going to do that as soon as he moves to the brooder tomorrow. I won’t have him for more than a few days , as I am travelling and have a full on job . But I have lined up a ‘duck rescue home’ where he will be looked after And have many more ducks to grow up with . I’ll be sad to part with him but he Will be happier there .
So amazing you helped give this little one life
I hope they will send you update pics as he grows up ;)
A mirror will definitely help him for the few days

He couldn’t have hatched on his own . I think humidity was too low during incubation, the membrane was all leathery .. I made an executive call to help him at the 40 hour from pip mark . I am glad I did . There was no unabsorbed yolk , no red blood vessels , the little fella was ready to come out .. post a video shortly
oh my gosh this made me happy to hear!

Back
Top Bottom