Mallard hen gone...

Sending safe vibes her way.
fl.gif

She's back! I came in to take a break from moving the pool liner onto the deck[heavy *ss thing] and I look out the kitchen window. She's waddling over from the left side, driveway side! I couldn't tell where, but either along the trees, driveway/street ditch or she has a nest on across the street! She's stuffing her face fool of food right now. I'll try to keep an eye on her, but all of them, except the pekin, easily blend into the yard.

YAY!!!!!
lol omgosh
that duck is one crazy little girl isnt she
smile.png

glad shes back!!
PS i had to drop everything and spend one on one time watching my souix to know where she was going.

Last edited:
My female Pekin did this same thing. But mine free range! So she wasn't getting out of a pen or anything. Lets just say your probably going to be waking up to ducklings at some point here. My pekin eventually was gone for almost 2 weeks (I knew she had went broody or she was dead) Low and be hold I was out watering the rest one day and she comes waddling over with 5 ducklings
smile.png
!!! It was fun, but I now keep in eye on her since I don't want ducklings.... I was lucky to find homes for these 5!

Good Luck! Keep us posted!

Mine free range during the day, but I close their pen at night so it would be a bit harder for something to get to them.
My ducks cover up the eggs, so dense plants + ditch + green eggs + camo/stealth duck = mystery location...
sad.png

Wish I had a game cam or something to have up watching the side yard.

When she had come back, one of the ducks was disciplining her as she wattled back home, lol.

She is napping w/the others.

300411_277826072250908_100000705527207_934487_1583774535_n.jpg

Last edited:
She stayed the night, but is gone this morning. She must be jumping up and then just squeezing herself out a hole just big enough...
I walked around trying to find the way she gets out the pen, and that must be it. The others would follow if it was a fat duck course and not an Olympic duckie course, lol.

Back
Top Bottom