MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WaterfowlWierdo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Well they are old now but they are kinda cute.They are greenish and blackish and brownish.

2. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    I haven't posted in ages! But since, I rescued a pet mallard and she and my drake are great together, though he doesn't completely understand the whole breeding thing even though he is going on two years old (He was never with any other ducks, just me )
    Her and my goose dont get along so well because she thinks my drake is her baby and she doesnt want him to be around her haha

3. Highcotton

Highcotton Southern Chickens

Mar 18, 2013
    I am in Middle Georgia. Does anyone know where I can find a Mallard Drake fairly close. All of mine turned out to be hens.

4. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Go to our state thread and ask around :)

5. Zombified

Zombified Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2013
    Kentucky, USA
    Pyrrhos from this week. We got ice, not snow! All the ducks had to be put in my grandpa's motorcycle trailer at night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Yikes! We had an Icy run too, my drake spent awhile in the house!

7. smonkeySK

smonkeySK Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2013
    wigan uk
    Hello everyone,
    I'd just like to introduce my little girl Crispy.
    I came across this thread in July shortly after my girlfriend rescued a day old mallard duckling from our street! The poor bugger had been running around on the hottest day of the year and was in a bad way when we took her in. We called her Crispy mainly for this reason :)
    I'd meant to post something earlier but trying to duckify the yard took more time than I had! So now I have amoment I'll introduce our little girl and her friends.

Crispy
    [​IMG]

The friends we got her so she could live outside (and so we could finally get some sleep!)
    [​IMG]

And for the cuteness factor everyone else's duckling pics reminded me of[​IMG]

8. cymbaline

cymbaline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2012
    central WV
    Aw, what a pretty girl, and gorgeous other ducks too! Love the snowy call...I really wanted a couple snowy mallard girls, but sadly it didn't work out. Love the one of her chewing on her tailfeathers too, lol.

9. northernlivie

northernlivie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Just thought I should let you know Delilah laid her first eggs! Just in time for Christmas in -33 c weather![​IMG]

10. cymbaline

cymbaline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2012
    central WV
    Wow, what a trooper! Mine quit laying months ago, lol, and it's only 19°F here tonight. (I'm bringing them inside for the night since it's so cold and it's xmas and all...hope they're prepared to cuddle, haha)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by