Mama cat is pregnant again

pipsamarwin

Hatching
May 16, 2016
Hi, I need some help. I started feeding a stray cat about a month ago. Then my daughter found her kittens under our house to which we immediately got them out! They were such a joy to watch and have around. A friend of mine worked for a vet and said the kittens were about a month old and being that was a month ago, I thought it would be the right time to rehome the kittens.

Mama as I've been calling her, is engorged, and I believe is pregnant again. Any advise as to what I can do for her? I should have done more research before rehoming.

No it is very likely she was already pregnant before you rehomed, or became soon after, you did not speed anything up. Do you want a cat? If yes get her fixed as soon as the vet can after the kittens are born. If no take her to a shelter. They will likely be easily able to find homes for the kittens and care for the cat. Good luck!

welcome-byc.gif

Can I do anything about her engorgment? She looks miserable. I've brought her inside. To the dismay of my two cats that are fixed. No major squabbles as they were getting to know each other thru the screen door for the past month. Just some hissing and some swatting.

Back
Top Bottom