Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Blooie, Mar 4, 2015.

1. henless

henless Chillin' With My Peeps

That is what is so good about this pad. There is no 2 hour shut off, so you don't need a "stay on" setting. It is on until you turn it off.

Seems the link I posted when to a group of heating pads, not the one that I was talking about. Try this link instead. Hopefully it posts right this time. In case you can't find the pad, the pad # 000771-810-000.

I didn't double check it earlier before posting. I was in a hurry to leave. It's my daughter's birthday and we took her out to eat seafood for her birthday. :)

I've had this pad on and running since Friday morning with no problems. It stays on, doesn't shut off. The only thing I've done is adjusted the temp.

2. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Oh, whew! I had visions of you running out every two hours and turning the pad back on. I went directly to the link you provided in this post and didn't see anything about auto-shut off until I read the first review. Reviewer says, "It shuts off automatically just like it said it did." Now I'm confused but if you've had it running continuously since Friday and it hasn't turned itself off it sounds like you're good to go! So now don't forget the pictures! It's a rule, you know!

3. PowellAnimals

PowellAnimals Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2015
    Muncy, Pennsylvania
    They were all up and about this morning! I had a little bit of a panic attack when I couldn't find them all in the morning. I had used an old tshirt and put the heating pad in that instead of putting a towel on top of it. Somehow a few of them had gotten into the sleeves and were in between the tshirt and the heating pad nice and cozy. [​IMG] So far so good! We are going to get temperatures in the 60s and in the 50s at night later this week so hopefully they continue to be good.

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I followed that link and didn't see where it mentions any 2 hr shutoff in the description but found this review....

Sunbeam[​IMG] King Size Heating Pad with UltraHeat[​IMG] Technology, Blue

Details

http://www.sunbeam.com/pain-relief/...ultraheat-technology-blue/000722-810-000.html
    000722-810-000
    Promotions

Buy 1 Get 1 Free! Details

Free Shipping on Orders $50+ Details
    MSRP $38.99 $26.99
    ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.1 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.
    (7)

Help soothe muscle ache and arthritic pain with the Sunbeam[​IMG] Heating Pad with UltraHeat[​IMG] Technology. Designed with easy-to-use controller specifically for arthritis sufferers.
    See More...
    Availability:
    In Stock
    Product Actions

Add to cart options
    Qty

Additional Information

Help arthritic pain and everyday muscle aches fade away with this king size heating pad. Soothe and relieve discomfort with UltraHeat[​IMG] technology to maintain even, consistent heat to the areas that cause aches. The 3-heat settings provide the level of intensity you need to begin feeling better. Includes a 2-hour auto-off and a convenient extra long power cord.
    • UltraHeat[​IMG] Technology maintains consistent heat
    • Soft, machine-washable cover
    • 3-heat settings
    • 2-hour auto-off
    • Sponge insert for moist heat
    • 9-foot power cord
    • Measures 12” x 24”
    • 5-year limited warranty

5. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Mine did fine when the temps were in the teens and twenties with sideways blowing snow!

Miss Bee, you read the same review that I did about someone saying the automatic shut off worked like it's supposed to! But if the pad's been on since Friday and she hasn't had to mess with it, who knows?

6. henless

The one I have is not the King size heating pad. Mine has a different item number than the one you are talking about. If you look at that review, underneath the review it states:
    Quote: Mine is the Sunbeam[​IMG] Heating Pad with UltraHeat[​IMG] Technology, Blue. Item # 000771-810-000. It's a different number than the King Size Heating pad. The one I bought was $18.99 plus shipping.

I called Sunbeam and inquired about a heating pad with no auto shut off feature. I told them I wanted one that would come back on if the electricity happened to go out without me having to turn it back on manually. The lady I talked to was very helpful. She said she would look into it and call me back. She called me back the next day with the item number. She said this was the only one they had that had no auto shut off. It stayed on continuously.

I hooked the pad up Thursday and left it on my kitchen table. It never shut off. I would unplug it and plug it back in. It came right back on. I even went and turned off the breaker box to the house. When I flipped the breaker back on, the pad came right back on. It works good.

If your interested in this pad, I would just call Sunbeam and ask them about it. They are very helpful and can answer any questions you may have. :)

7. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    That is great information to have, henless. I'm sure you can understand our initial confusion and I'm so glad that you were able to clear it up! Now, for those chicks.......

8. henless

By just reading the info on the pads, it never says anything about it not shutting off. So unless you call and ask them, you would never know it had this feature.

9. COChix

COChix Overrun With Chickens

Jun 12, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Hi Blooie and gang, just thought I would stop in and say Hi! Our chicks from our hatch are now over four months, everyone is getting red combs and such, no eggs yet from them but would expect them to start soon. Hope everyone is doing well and it seems as if fall is here, nights getting a lot cooler now.

10. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Hey, great to see you! Nights and days are getting cooler here! Did you get any of that snow this weekend? Carter Mountain here had a brand new dusting, and I guess they got some in the Parks. Can our turn be far behind?

All of our Littles are laying now, and I suspect two of the 8 Tinys are as well. We have one EE, we call her Bumblebee because she looked just like one when she was a chick, has stayed pretty small and her first eggs looked like robin's eggs. They are getting bigger now - now on her good days the eggs are the size of pullet eggs. She just can't decide if she's a Bantam or a Standard size chicken. But she's reliable as the tides when it comes to laying. Yours can't be far behind!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by