Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Blooie, Mar 4, 2015.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It's so built up? How do i get all that out? Been wiping rinsing q tips toothpick etc but there's so much

2. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Okay so she's still fighting, poor little thing. I rinsed her bum and tried with q tip but.am now picking with those shish q bob things (no toothpicks but works the same) and i know it has to hurt because it's taking so long and so red but she's quiet. Wrapped her in wash cloth while i work. May have just accidentally caused tiny bleeding though but not sure, I'm trying to be as gentle as possible and.not rought, but so i may stop but i had to do this cause there is sooooo much poo in there. Still a lot. Not sure if.clogged or not. Poor baby. Not sure what to do now. Don't have antibiotics but you say it's not necessary, right? may try something else or let her rest.. If she pulls through she'll be a fighter. A lot of other chicks may have given up even before I found her let alone after picking her bum but not her. Although she's soooo weak still. Wondering if I should separate at this point or use the gro gel? I know you said not to separate but she's so weak I'm worried they'll hurt her or at the least she won't be able to access food and water. Poor angel. :(

3. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Poor, poor angel. :'(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    UGH of course the heating pad would decide to display a large "F" right when I need it the most.... And the buses don't run Sunday.. I could maybe ask my brother where he is but he's busy I'm pretty sure. He is picking my mom up from work at like 6 though (it's 4 now) but I don't think chicky can wait that long. I did put some cloth napkins and some of their shavings in though to make it higher and shaved the top off, sloping it lower in the back, and put her in and heating pad over her though so hopefully she stays a tiny bit warm. I had her in a towel and then laying directly on the heating pad while I set it up and she seemed a teeny bit more responsive. I'm seriously considering walking or biking to the store.

5. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh thank goodness, my brother just got home and he said he'd take me. Only thing is I have to put regular clothes on (was in sweatpants) but that's easy. Oh and a little bit ago i also turned the heat on in the bathroom temporarily. Hope she pulls through

6. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My brother said I'm not getting the most expensive one and almost made me get this one, saying they're the same thing and this one doesn't have the auto off either but he finally just gave uo and.let me get it haha im paying him back though. Obly has 3 heat settings anyway. Yes $42 is a rip off (CVS always is) But they need it NOW and i wanted something i know works. though this thing did konk out in a week....,

One we almost got.

[​IMG]

We gor the real sunbeam though. My mom acc

7. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Sorry sent before i finished typing. Mom accidentally gave me $50 instead of $20 yesterday so i just gave hom that since he got toilet paper too

8. curious chickee

curious chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Finished hatch 28 out 36
    Hanging out on MHP since it is 75 degrees outside

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  9. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Sad news, little chickie was already passed away when i got home. I should have sat with jer her last moments. :(

I'm obviously upset she passed and.hope it is not contagious but I'm more upset it was so undignified, just poking around her butt, then just leaving her under MHP though I knew it was broken. she was already pretty rigid so it was probably almost immediately after I put her back. I should have just held her. :( but oh well, put her in freezer and am burying tomorrow

10. Lavender11

Lavender11 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2015
    Victoria, Australia

:'(

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by