Man, this guy makes me sooo mad…

We have about 17(?) laying hens. I have lost count
smile.png
A few are big meanies to the others - and I may process them to eat them. Am I a bigger jerk than the person from CL because I'm not finding them a "good home" but putting them in my belly? I appreciate the person from CL who is being honest, as well. Maybe their tone is not warm and fuzzy - but it gets the point across.

As others have posted, I see nothing wrong with the ad.

As far as the wording, two things

First, writing is not everyone's strength, some people put their thoughts in to words better than others

Two, Chickens are HARD WORK!!!! Some people get them and it is not what they thought

As far as I am concerned he is responsible and trying to find a good home for them.

Quote:
To each is own. If i Had some being mean to others, I would just seperate. Some people are different. You would choose to eat them, he would choose to rehome, & i would choose to keep.

Quote:
Whew...I thought I was the one cracking up....I'm with ya on that one...better he try to rehome them, than to let them starve..? No??

It sounds like he made a mistake and is trying to fix it. Why does that make you, or anyone, mad?

Wow, I feel sorry for the OP so I'm expressing my support. Maybe the guy is being responsible or maybe not, as once the chickens are out of your hands you have no control over their fate. For some of us a chicken isn't viewed as strictly livestock and we may not understand how a person could have a pet flock and not bond with them so that makes his cavalier attitude distasteful. The person took on the responsibility of animals and now he doesn't want it. Lots of people do that with dogs too. Doesn't make it admirable.

The person took on the responsibility of animals and now he doesn't want it. Lots of people do that with dogs too. Doesn't make it admirable.

You know, dogs are dumped on the side of the road when their owners no longer want them. That, I certainly find abhorrent. Chickens are dumped in parks or in the woods, etc, when people decide they're done caring for them. Either situation calls for the owner to rehome the animal rather than starve or dump it and at least, this guy is doing that, whether or not he should have admitted to the world the reason. As long as the animal is healthy, the reason isn't really relevant anyway.

To the OP, no, I don't understand how someone can't bond with their birds, but then, many folks on BYC do not understand how I can, so....
hu.gif
Everyone is different.​

Quote:
You know, dogs are dumped on the side of the road when their owners no longer want them. That, I certainly find abhorrent. Chickens are dumped in parks or in the woods, etc, when people decide they're done caring for them. Either situation calls for the owner to rehome the animal rather than starve or dump it and at least, this guy is doing that, whether or not he should have admitted to the world the reason. As long as the animal is healthy, the reason isn't really relevant anyway.

To the OP, no, I don't understand how someone can't bond with their birds, but then, many folks on BYC do not understand how I can, so....
hu.gif
Everyone is different.

My neighbor has a chicken coop that has 20,000 chickens at one time. he still bonds with them but I don't know how he does it. Then after 10 weeks the chicken truck comes by and takes them.

Quote:

hu.gif
Everyone is different.

My neighbor has a chicken coop that has 20,000 chickens at one time. he still bonds with them but I don't know how he does it. Then after 10 weeks the chicken truck comes by and takes them.

Well, if I was raising meat chickens, you can bet I wouldn't spend enough time with them to bond. They'd have to be far away from me and I could only be with them long enough to feed and water, no holding them, no "communing" with them.

gotta say I like his blunt honesty, and he wants a good home for them too. His honest loss of interest will be somebody's gain.

Back
Top Bottom