Fluffy Butt Nut
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Long Island, NY
Can you believe this person?

I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rant.gif

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/grd/2431109536.html

Remember not everyone is cut out to appreciate these gorgeous birds. I think you have to be a special person to love and care for chickens like we do, so better for someone else. The person sounds like it was a passing fancy but wants a good home for them.
smile.png

Quote:
agreed. I think it's good that once he got the birds, realized they are not for him, and is re-homing them. it is better than turning them loose, or leaving them to die.

Personally if I can't use a bird or don't like it I eat it or sell it. (or give it away if I really like the person)

I currently have a 2 month old chick (not sure of it's sex) that is crippled. I won't eat it because I don't know what crippled it and I don't eat birds who's statues I am unsure of, and I don't believe in killing a creature unless one it's suffering, a danger to me or mine, or I intend on eating it. So I'll be offering i up to anyone who wants it once I am sure it is not a disease that has crippled it (I don't want to risk bringing an illness to someone else's flock.)

Quote:
I agree with you. Even amongst chicken breeders sometimes you get birds that seem good, but after sometime becomes disheartening or just not what you thought they were. I had OEGB but due to all of the difficulties with hatching and it was the OEGB because other birds were just fine I just gave up after two-three years.

My little cousin and aunt admired my little pair though because they were a beautiful pair of birds, I passed them down to my little cousin for free because it is A. more room for birds I do plan to keep. B. A good home for them and C. It brings joy to a little red headed girl who's only about four and needs gentle little birds to play with. Not to mention it hooks another generation on chickens
cool.png

-Daniel

Last edited:
Quote:
Its not that rehoming them is the problem, it's that they were somthing he felt he could tire of and sell of when he got bored with this new toy.

Quote:
Its not that rehoming them is the problem, it's that they were somthing he felt he could tire of and sell of when he got bored with this new toy.

Trying to find them new homes is responsible, not mean in any way. And from his CL ad, I am not sure any of us know how he feels, felt, or that he thought they were a toy.

Quote:

Trying to find them new homes is responsible, not mean in any way. And from his CL ad, I am not sure any of us know how he feels, felt, or that he thought they were a toy.

Allow me to bold what I think is annoying ? Maybie that will clear things up.

tired of my chickens, dont want anymore, i have many too choose some r laying jumbo brown eggs, they r only 1 n 1half years old, my lack of interest is your gain. price is neg if u promise a good home.
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
The part in slant is very nice, the only part in this ad that would make me think he cares for these birds.

Back
Top Bottom