Man, this guy makes me sooo mad…

As others have said, I see nothing wrong with the ad at all. He lost interest and is trying to find them homes. I've lost interest in certain breeds myself, raised them up then realized I really didn't care for them and found them a new home.
hu.gif
Where do you see the cruelty in the ad? He/she says "price is neg if u promise a good home."

Maybe he is just trying to re-home his older layers to make room for new? It's possible.................Why should he post the truth on Craigslist? Then people will offer him nothing for them.

Quote:
Exactly. It's not like he's saying "I could care less what you do with them", he specifically says if you PROMISE A GOOD HOME. What's wrong with that?

Quote:
Or conversely, maybe the OP is offended that he IS telling the truth, admitting that he's just "tired of them". Maybe that somehow sounds wrong to the OP. Perhaps it would sound better if he made up a big sob story? I don't see anything wrong with the ad at all.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Exactly. It's not like he's saying "I could care less what you do with them", he specifically says if you PROMISE A GOOD HOME. What's wrong with that?

I so agree!! I was trying to figure out what was so wrong that it made someone so mad!! And how do you know it's a man????
idunno.gif

Thanks, I kinda knew after I posted this that people might say he was doing the right thing, but the parts in bold are what bugged me too. I think too many people get pets or animals and decide after the fun has subsided that they no longer want the animals. The way he phrased it bugs me, not necessarily that he is getting rid of them.

Quote:
Trying to find them new homes is responsible, not mean in any way. And from his CL ad, I am not sure any of us know how he feels, felt, or that he thought they were a toy.

Allow me to bold what I think is annoying ? Maybie that will clear things up.

tired of my chickens, dont want anymore, i have many too choose some r laying jumbo brown eggs, they r only 1 n 1half years old, my lack of interest is your gain. price is neg if u promise a good home.
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
The part in slant is very nice, the only part in this ad that would make me think he cares for these birds.

hide.gif
Ahhhh I feel out-numbered
lau.gif
I just don't like when people get "tired" of creatures. I get tired with my chicken yea, but I don't like it.
idunno.gif
It's a pet peeve. This post just rubs me the wrong way

(Withdrawing myself from disscution
duc.gif
)

Quote:
But people DO get tired of pets, it's a reality. Sure, it's unfortunate he/she grew tired of them, but it's the jerks that dump chickens in the woods, or just don't properly care for them because they're tired of them that offend me. At least this person admitted they aren't for him/her and wants to make sure they get a GOOD HOME. That's a perfectly responsible and honest ad in my opinion.

I also don't believe a sob story to rehome is necessary. But come on, the ad doesn't come off as sounding a little crass and maybe even intended to rile people up? If that was his intention, he succeeded.

Quote:
No, it doesn't sound like it's intended to rile anyone up to me. It just sounds like a person of not many words, just stating the facts and wanting to rehome the chickens. Maybe he could have worded it more poetically to sound better, but why? He tired of them and wants them to have good homes. No, I don't think he intended anything otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom