Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Your not supposed to feed mazuri in breeding season I did not know this thank you what do you prefer for then?

Mazuri allows for a year round feeding regiment. You should start feeding the breeder diet at least a month prior to breeding season and feed it throughout the breeding season. I personally am using Mazuri Waterfowl Breeder pellets. Our divers do get additional high protein options as well.

I have a 1 year old mandarin for sale. He is very healthy and beautiful. Sadly I can't ship him so he will need to be picked up. Please PM me if interested. Sorry I do not live in Maine.

Last edited:
39.99 may seem high for Mazuri but there is virtually no waste. I used gamebird chow briefly and over half was wasted and it molded real fast! Id rather pay more for mazuri and my birds do so much better on it!

Out of curiousity, what's the largest wire spacing for a mandarin? Does 2in by 4in cut it or 1in by 1in or does the enclosure have to be 1/2in by something? Not chicken wire, but honest to goodness hardware cloth meant for rabbit cages.

Back
Top Bottom