mannapro coop n compost?

This is what it says about the product;

Coop ‘N Compost is the natural way to neutralize odors and moisture in the chicken coop. Not only will this protect the respiratory systems of your flock, but it will make your nose and neighbors happy! In addition to the powerful odor control, Coop ‘N Compost also helps make the nutrients in your manure and compost more plant-accessible which can benefit your garden! Try Coop ‘N Compost for healthy birds, happy neighbors and lush gardens!

Reduces odors and moisture
Extends the life of your bedding
Helps improve the quality of your compost

However simple DE (Diatomacious Earth) will work as well and I think if bought in the 20 lbs box it is a lot less expensive. Sprinkle it over the nesting shavings and the areas you are concerned with. I eliminates and neutralizes odor. It is filtered under a 8 micron screen and is so fine it kills mites lice and all the bothersome little critters that like to live on the birds and all birds. Then to make sure they use it regularly mix DE into ash 1/3 to 2/3 or 1/4 into 3/4 of sand or dirt/dust and make a sand bath area in the ground or in a tub. I like the tub bc it can be removed and recycled into another area and air out and reused months later but DE must go back. Turn it and air it out for a month or two and the area you put it in flower bed or what ever will benefit by it.

102768_1320437208415.jpg

102768_dscn1156.jpg

I've never used anything in my coop, but this was free otherwise I wouldn't even noticed it. Just wondering if someone has actually used it.

Back
Top Bottom