Many roosters together

L&Schickens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Washington State
I have been asked a few times how I keep so many roos together. Well, the mane secret it to house them in LARGE cages and let them out often. I also house older roos with younger ones to prevent fighting.
So, can you count the roos? Some of the pictures show 4 but I have as many as 6 or 7 out at a time sometimes.
(feeding them left over pie helps too
big_smile.png
)

l_6d537ced8cb84651b98906be0020797c.jpg

l_02ffe36f2078451db4bd0324a6a1d582.jpg

l_3fa5cddcc8404f399ed1a0ba5b3b8941.jpg

I did not let the Barred Rocks out or the EE's, or the Japanese Bantams, but pretty much everyone else was out today.
tongue.png

I really, really shouldn't ask this...but...
What are those GORGEOUS white birds that look like mirror images of each other in the 1st pic?
tongue.png

I gather a lot of Blue, Black, Salmon and Cranberries each fall for all kinds of cooking and baking so they won't miss having pie, should have rhubarb next summer or fall, too. Apple and cherry pie, also...and I'm keeping them segregated so they won't have to worry about size or elbow room until I can get some of their fertilized eggs hatched out someday in the future years:)

Last edited:
L&Schickens :

(feeding them left over pie helps too
big_smile.png
)
I

One Question L&Schickens?
What is left over pie? And how does it help them?
tongue2.gif

The white ones are white Giants. They are almost 6 months old.

The pie is leftover apple from thanksgiving. Nothing special, just keeps them ocuPIED
lol.png

Gorgeous birds in a beautiful setting. You're right, the secret to having multiple roos is to give them plenty of space. I have 14 roos (and 35 females) that all free range and stay in same coop at night without fighting.

I've now managed to integrate 4 roos together that were previously separated. I have 3 more to go (and I'm sure I can pull it off successfully) but I don't know if DW will allow Diesel to be integrated- she's too paranoid something bad will happen to him.

Back
Top Bottom