Many roosters together

They do fight but get over it fast. I did have a problem with Strawberry, the Bantam RIR and Sarge, the senior Serama. But they have since worked things out.
wink.png

Beautiful Chickens and Roosters, as well as a beautiful yard. I have I think 10 or so roosters that all live together. They are not free ranged however the chicken lot is rather large, and a few do fly out of the lot. They all sleep in the same chicken house at night. Occassionally neck feathers get ruffled but no major fights. Enjoyed the pictures. When I figure out how to upload pictures to the posts I will put pictures of my boys and girls.

Wow, what great pictures! I think, the reason your roos all get along is because they live in paradise, from the looks of it...
smile.png
Really makes me wish I had not traded Luck and Silver, 2 of my 3 roo brothers, for a handful of hens back in August, thinking that they'd end up killing each other. They probably ended up someones dinner, and I really miss them. Well, I'll know better next time. Nice to know, that some people can pull it off successfully!

Great to see someone else with a lot of roos. I have at least twenty, ok ok probably double that, and they all get along. I even keep most of them together in a large pen and then let them free range during the day. Everything from serama to GJ run together(seramas are supervised) and despite a few fusses they get along well. I have phenoix etc and game type along with barnyard mixes of all different ages. People are always amazed at all the roos. Give them room, things to do and they seem to be happy.
big_smile.png

Not all of mine get along. I have a big EE roo who is pretty good, but if any others show any kind of weakness, he hunts them down relentlessly. So he stays locked up. My new Bantam Barred Rock roo is one of the wimpy ones, so he has to stay locked up while everyone else is out to keep him safe. And my young Bantam Golden Phoenix just stays in the big cage with the EE roo and the hens just because.
My Japanese Bantam is so handicap with his short legs he is also kept separated for his own safety. So not all of my roos get out together.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom