Map of potential chicken sitters

A lot of us would be very happy to have a chicken sitter for when we go on vacation, so I think it would be an incredible resource to have a list of people who might be willing to do this. I made a custom google map where each of us who would be willing to chicken sit can add a pin with our approximate location. For each pin, we can put in our user name on here so that people can PM us. So far I put myself on there and stuck in another placeholder pin just so the map isn't zoomed in so much. I'll delete that one later.

What do you all think of this idea?

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zuPAEjKFvgxE.kleOmNkDEEMw
Hi, Amina.
Sorry to ask this, but I'm having trouble adding a pin. Would you mind adding me to Wynnedale, Indiana, please?
Thanks, much!

Anyone in south Florida that can care for two roosters? Oh....and seven dogs. I cant add myself to the map either. I am in Pompano Beach, FL

What a great idea. I'm the lone peg in Arkansas. It surprises me since northwest Arkansas is full of chicken productions. My brother had a learning curve but was being nice and helped us out on the last vacation. Something must have rubbed off on him because now he's gone from looking for a small house in town to a small house with land so that he can have his own flock. Oops. lol

Great Concept...such a shame that it's not really practical IMHO...this is the 2nd or 3rd of these I've seen started, and followed, here on BYC and I don't think anyone has made a connection close enough to be helpful, but maybe I'm mistaken tho I think it would have been posted if it happened. I kind of think that these kind of connections have to happen face to face to garner the trust needed to let someone have that kind of access to your homestead.

Back
Top Bottom