Marans Chicks

Decoyman

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 30, 2010
Central Virginia
My first time hatching this breed - only three resulted from a dozen (most of the eggs were infertile) so wish me luck that they might potentially be a trio!!!!!!! Posed them on a hypertufa orb which you can see eventually develops a covering of moss with age. Also there are still some roses in bloom as well as interesting bits of leaves and branches so that makes for a good photo documentation of their appearance at the age of one day. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Marans Chicks 017 (2).JPG

Marans Chicks 036 (2).JPG

My first time hatching this breed - only three resulted from a dozen (most of the eggs were infertile) so wish me luck that they might potentially be a trio!!!!!!! Posed them on a hypertufa orb which you can see eventually develops a covering of moss with age. Also there are still some roses in bloom as well as interesting bits of leaves and branches so that makes for a good photo documentation of their appearance at the age of one day. Hope you enjoy the pics!

View attachment 2431490

View attachment 2431491
In the first pic the far right chick's leg is twisted weird, is it ok?
Congrats though! They're adorable. Good luck!

So cute! I have a blue copper maran roo and a black copper maran hen. I am SO hoping to hatch at least six chicks from that duo this spring. I also have a blue americauna x blue copper maran olive egger hen and I'd like to get some F2 eggs from her, and a blue americauna for some F1 chicks. I believe all of the resulting chicks will be lovely!

I was hoping for at least 6 chicks from this batch also - incubating is always a risk. The seller updated me that there was not much rooster activity as the hens were not cooperative. She offered me discounted eggs in the spring, but i will just see how these turn out. the legs on all three are perfect - being placed on that orb may have made that leg position itself in that way for balance. Thank you all for the comments.

Back
Top Bottom