Marans Genetic Experts BC Marans

Quote:
http://maransofamericaclub.com/Black-Copper.php

The names Black Copper, Black Copper-neck and Copper Black & Red Birchen are all, "generic" hobby names for a Brown Red.

Chris

Chris, we have been through all this before and what I am looking for is the Genetic chart for the Black Copper and the American Brown red pattern and they are in fact different.

I sure wish Henk and or Tim would drop by and see this . Don

Genetic chart as in this?
33115_dsc_0011.jpg

Chris

Quote:

Kathy, drom on the dark eggs thread once before did a Kip calculator on the Black Copper and posted the results on the old Marans thread #7852, 7853,7859 just looking for more input as these BC are so difficult to breed color. Thanks, Don

Quote:

Kathy, drom on the dark eggs thread once before did a Kip calculator on the Black Copper and posted the results on the old Marans thread #7852, 7853,7859 just looking for more input as these BC are so difficult to breed color. Thanks, Don

From this, it looks like the difference between brown red and black copper is the presence of mahogany and melonotic in the black coppers.

I'll go look it up in a minute, but brown red would be E^R/E^R s+/s+ Mh/Mh Ml/Ml while brown red would be E^R/E^R s+/s+ mh/mh ml/ml.

Quote:

From this, it looks like the difference between brown red and black copper is the presence of mahogany and melonotic in the black coppers.

I'll go look it up in a minute, but brown red would be E^R/E^R s+/s+ Mh/Mh Ml/Ml while brown red would be E^R/E^R s+/s+ mh/mh ml/ml.

Thank you very much, all help appreciated. Don

Back
Top Bottom