MARANS - proposed standards - - FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES

Standard Weights (approved 6/11/10)

Cock...8 lbs Hen6 1/2 lbs
Cockerel.7lbs Pullet..5 1/2 lbs

I just weighed my birds tonight and went looking for this thread... It sure has been a LONG time since I've added anything to this thread.
I thought it would be a good idea to bring it back into action for anyone interested in Marans and didn't know that this informational thread was available.

Standard Weights (approved 6/11/10)

Cock...8 lbs Hen6 1/2 lbs
Cockerel.7lbs Pullet..5 1/2 lbs

I just weighed my birds tonight and went looking for this thread... It sure has been a LONG time since I've added anything to this thread.
I thought it would be a good idea to bring it back into action for anyone interested in Marans and didn't know that this informational thread was available.
Lisa, Just wandering how much can they go over or under weight.

Lisa, Just wandering how much can they go over or under weight.

I always thought it was a standard 10% for breeds either way. I also might have been given total misinformation as well.
idunno.gif

Vicki, That 20 % is on page 33 of the 2001 SOp and is for DQ. There are points off for weights under that on page #30.
thanks Don! I'll have to look it up here in a bit as I believe I have the 2001 in the poultry library. I'm just drowning in show paperwork at the moment trying to prep for the last meeting before the show....
th.gif

To add clarification, the birds are Disqualified if they are 20% over or under the SOP goal weights. Before they reach the 20% limit, there are penalities in 1/2 lb increments.

Back
Top Bottom