Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2010.

1. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Wow.. what a cool crowd!! Feelin' like a friday.

Berk: I live for humor like yours!!!

Math isn't it early to be TIME WARPING!!!??????????

I am dying... what a crowd.. I somehow keep thinking there are peanut shells under my feet... hmmm wierd.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:[​IMG]

3. AyeUpChuck

AyeUpChuck Striving for Self-Sufficiency

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    Quote:Well if we have a PNW BYC party - anyone not here is more than welcome to come too if they can make the trip [​IMG] - I would TOTALLY be up to host if anyone is interested. Firepit, our own personal chickentv theater, we could totally throw peanut shells on the floor and drink homebrew! [​IMG] Would be a fantastic time!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  4. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:Dang, Berkeley! That sounds SO familiar. We might be twins and not even know it!!!! [​IMG]

It's Friday night some where, right ????

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Always friday in my head!!! [​IMG]

6. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

cant wait , taking 2 step lessons tomarrow night at 745 quick quick slow slow quick quick slow slow , all the years watching my x girlfriend dancing
    i always thought id have a pannic attack or be embarrased to much looking like a fool but for some reason i dont care ....... tommarow night im gettin so foolish and jimmy cracked corn and i dont care
    Quote:Dang, Berkeley! That sounds SO familiar. We might be twins and not even know it!!!! [​IMG]

It's Friday night some where, right ????

7. BarnGoddess01

Quote:(Shaking my head here ...) A man that dances???

Will wonders never cease? [​IMG]

8. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

i just wish u girls were a thousand miles closer,going blinde, and liked creepy old guys with almost grey hair but as u all know i like to joke but u all could do better throwing rocks in a crowd and seeing what u hit lol lol and yes id sleep alone in a ladies prison

Quote:(Shaking my head here ...) A man that dances???

Will wonders never cease? [​IMG]

9. susannemw

susannemw Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    Maine
    I was going to post this in the incubating and hatching section, but my question is specific to Marans, so here it is. If it is not in the right place, feel free to relocate it!

I have PM'd a couple of you Marans experts and gotten some great advice about the specifics of hatching these birds but I wanted to also open it up to anyone who has something that worked for them and tips for how I can maximize a Marans hatch with a dozen+ carefully packaged and shipped eggs (through the PO though) and incubated in a styrofoam bator. Does anyone have any nuggets of wisdom?? I would really appreciate it!

10. BarnGoddess01

Quote:I hatched 7 out of 8 super dark brown extra large BCM eggs in April in a Hovabator Genesis following manufacturer instructions. Text book perfect hatch. I didn't do anything special to the eggs. The one that didn't hatch was clear. I used an automatic turner and egg cartons for the hatch. The eggs were in with shipped Ameraucana eggs (also hatched 7 out of 8) and my own EEs. Humidity was high throughout - 50% ish incubating, 70 plus % for lockdown.

Good luck with yours!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by