Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Hi all, long time no chicken chat! Vicki, Kim, Randy, et al! Very busy the last few years. No more Marans temporarily and only 5 Silkies remain. New lap top here that doesn't seem to like me, pardon the missing letters. Hope every one had a lovely Thanksgiving! TTYL Debbi

I honestly haven't been able to read every post yet (but I will, eventually). I'm wondering if anyone other than I has any appreciation for the solid Black (more or less) Marans?

One of my BCMs laid her first egg. It was between 7-8 in color out of 9 so I am happy about that.
Sweet!
woot.gif

Congrats!

My new BCM roo joined the flock today. He got his poor butt kicked by my ameraucana roo
hmm.png
I'm sure he'll know his place in the flock though within a couple days. The fighting seemed to be over by bed time and he had no problem getting a spot on the roost but his comb is now all blue koted. I thought he'd take over leadership due to his size but I guess not.
Apparently, size ain't everything (Cue Rocky theme music)...

I bought some Black Copper, Blue, and Splash Marans. They are about 6 weeks old. I noticed when I was worming they have deformed feet and green instead of orange eyes. Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom