Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Yep that's what I'm callin' it! Vacation! She is beautiful Vicki! You done GOOD girl!

I can't wait to see her babies...................maybe some day one of her babies will come hook up with my Lil' Bill.
I sure hope I have good luck this year...I have Luella, this girl, and 3 other blue coppers all with varying levels of copper, but phenomenal body type that I'll be using on big boy and that blue copper cockerel I held back. Should give me a really good idea where I stand once I see what they produce.
Still have plans for Colorado? If so, that would make getting stock much easier!

He's not perfect, but he is all I have left after culling and hot Summer claimed some of them. Hope to have some more this Summer. :D

He's a good boy. I have him covering my EEs until I can get some BCM ladies for him. And hopefully another male. Since this is my backyard flock, breeding will be slowwwwww for SOP. But we enjoy him- he is a pet favorite among my children.

Just got home from work and went out to check on the birds freeranging. Here's that young blue copper pullet I posted photos a couple of months back. She has certainly filled out and gotten a nice body type. The pic is not super as they like to hide out in the brush I leave standing for them in the perennial beds so they can hide from the hawks, but she sure is a beauty. When I see her dashing across the lawn I always have to do a double take, and wonder...how did Luella get out of her pen? Her eyes are a nice color, still lightening up more as she is about 4 1/2 months now I think....maybe 5 months at the oldest.

Stunning. My blue girls most certainly are lacking that copper

I sure hope I have good luck this year...I have Luella, this girl, and 3 other blue coppers all with varying levels of copper, but phenomenal body type that I'll be using on big boy and that blue copper cockerel I held back. Should give me a really good idea where I stand once I see what they produce. 
Still have plans for Colorado? If so, that would make getting stock much easier!

Yes Ma'am! Still planning on moving and yes that would make getting stock tonz easier!

He's not perfect, but he is all I have left after culling and hot Summer claimed some of them. Hope to have some more this Summer. :D He's a good boy. I have him covering my EEs until I can get some BCM ladies for him. And hopefully another male. Since this is my backyard flock, breeding will be slowwwwww for SOP. But we enjoy him- he is a pet favorite among my children.
Hi Zoowee! Good to see ya pop in again! Boy he sure grew up fast didn't he? It would help us alot if you could get more photos of him from different angles, side, top, back. :)

Exactly! You'll have to come over to the show and we could have a weekend of fun then and competing and bird swapping! Maybe at some point if you do move there, you and I could make a trip down to Debbi!

You and I will have to meet up somewhere and visit her together. :D
The thing I like about Co. is that we are pretty much only a couple days from either coast.

You and I will have to meet up somewhere and visit her together.
big_smile.png

The thing I like about Co. is that we are pretty much only a couple days from either coast.
Thats exactly what I love about the midwest...it is central to everything. That's what I think too about visiting Debbi! It would be a really easy trip.

Hi Zoowee! Good to see ya pop in again! Boy he sure grew up fast didn't he?

It would help us alot if you could get more photos of him from different angles, side, top, back.
smile.png
I think the last time I posted his tail was wrong, he was not wide enough and his comb was wrong for SOP. That's ok for now. Since he is all I have left of the 10 I started out with last year- we have grown very attached with him. He's a good boy and minus the occasional bum rushing me (I stopped wearing read and holding my arms up to my body- both seemed to cause him distress for some odd reason) he is amazingly gentle with the kids. They carry him around and he doesn't mind them.

But I do love to photograph him so I will be sure to get some more varied shots of him so we can see his growth and see if any of those areas are improved. Except his comb- he can't lose the extra points he has hehe.

Back
Top Bottom