Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

As I am going to get rid of my only Blue Roo I have will I still have the ability to hatch out Blues if I put a Black Roo over a Blue hen? Or will they be all Blacks? I would like to still get some possible Blues and Splashes?

If I still will get some blues anyone have the potential percentages of BBS that I have seen on here?

Took a few shots of my birchens that are my own project. These are two generations removed from the crap I started with. They look nothing like what I started with and know I have a long ways to go still, but am pleased with the major differences I'm seeing. I'll hold onto these until I see what sort of prospects I have from my other grow out pens and from those eggs I put into lockdown later tonight.

she's cropped in tight from a group shot, so I've lost the crispness on her...she really doe have a nice single comb, not the blob of pink you see haha

He's a split for gold, but has good heft and size on him. One serration on the second point of the comb, but I can deal with that after the mess I started with

NOW.... if we could just see Pink's Birchen babies......
pop.gif

But Vicki you keep us entertained till then
caf.gif

Lately I see some still saying that the BC males can have 10% copper in the breast area. Where is this info. coming from ? We should not be encouraging new Marans people to breed these Copper copper breast males as they will produce more junk than anyone would want. Stay away from these copper co;ored breast and you will have less headaches to worry about.

Also if you are breeding to the APA SOP the only breed group that has a say is the Sponsoring club. None of the other clubs breed standards mean anything.

Is anyone else having trouble with the "reply" and posting pics?? The reply button only brings up the plain version, no font colors, B I or U or the smilies. I also can't paste a picture to this reply format. What's up? This started yesterday..

9 of the Birchen Babies from Rodney and the one with the pink band is my Birchen boys test baby. I put the Birchen chick with the leg issue down this morning, it just was not improving.

Back
Top Bottom