Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Vicki, Lucasville is where the APA national is going to be and that is first weekend in October and Ohio national is November. I will take a Camera and get all the Marans and maybe some others for you.

Vicki, Lucasville is where the APA national is going to be and that is first weekend in October and Ohio national is November. I will take a Camera and get all the Marans and maybe some others for you.

Yes, I got them switched around in my head. I know I can't make Lucasville then cause I have something I have to be at the weekend of the nationals. I'd love to see the Wyandottes and Light Sussex, and if there are any Cornish Large Fowl. I don't have them anymore but used to have some amazing White Laced Reds when I was a kid and those birds were beastly. They'd grab swallows out of the air and eat them. I miss them some days, but not the ones with a mean streak or the massive feed bill. There is no way I could afford to feed those monsters right now haha

Are Black Copper all she raises for Marans? Where is she located in WI, if you don't mind me asking?
I believe she is in the northern section but not sure. I believe she shows at the Portage show each year. I just sent her an email. when she emails back will ask her what part. She has some super nice Black Copper with out the white markings. She raises several and culls real heavy.

Hens and Roos.... cuckoo chicks I just hatched.... a week ago LOL

One feathered leg

I see a pullet on the top left, roo on the bottom left and the other? I could go either way.... opinions?

2 feathered legs..... the 3rd is clean.

Pullet

Roo

Roo?
Sorry I don't get around here much, but your birds feet look yellow. That is a DQ and breeding fault. Maybe its the light?

Marans people, Has anyone seen or heard of anyone with good White Marans with feathered feet. Last year I lost both of the young males I raised and have been unable to locate another male or good Marans eggs. If we could find a source for the White they would be one of the easiest Color varietys to work and they also look very good.

If anyone would like to see some Wheaten Marans young males without the white tail Coverts go to the wheaten Marans thread and look at some very nice wheatens.
Ernie Haire in Texas has accumulated flocks from several sources. I've heard that the whites are hard to breed....don't know, haven't had any myself...blue legs, fertility problems & stuff...
Give him a shout out.

Ernie Haire in Texas has accumulated flocks from several sources. I've heard that the whites are hard to breed....don't know, haven't had any myself...blue legs, fertility problems & stuff...
Give him a shout out.
Sue Thanks, I had whites for about five year and last year I kept two real nice young male and lost both. I contacted the girl in Ohio I got them from couple of times without a return email. I showed a picture of mine on BYC and they were really nice. I believe some cross them with other varieties.

Back
Top Bottom