Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, fellow Marans lovers! I haven't popped in here in awhile, so I don't know if this information has been added to this thread yet or not.

There have been rumors that Bev Davis has sold (or is selling) her flocks; I spoke with her a few days ago, and it's in fact true. Sigh.... I told her how disappointed I was to hear it, and she indicated that she's still very heavily involved in breeding and improving the birds to their proposed standard, as well as educating folks on the breed - this is what Bev truly loves, and she's been such a huge pioneer for this breed - I'm thrilled for her that she's going to be able to do what she truly loves now. I feel blessed and fortunate to be one of the lucky ones to have some of her stock.

Just wanted to pass along the info. in case you hadn't heard it already.

Quote:
Wynette,.... you making a trip to Florida??
lol.png

Quote:
Wynette, Thanks for sharing! What I wouldn't do to have those very birds in my yard, but just as you stated I also feel very blessed and lucky to have some of her stock. I am truly happy for her. I'm glad that she is going to stay active in the breed. I want to be just like Bev when I grow up. She's AWESOME!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Now here I sit trying to figure out how in the world to convince my DH that a short drive across country for some chickens would be the greatest vacation ever!!!!!
wink.png

I think she sold them to Green Fire Farms. If you look at their site they have info on them and pic of her holding a roo.
I have some pics of my BBS Maran chicks and anyone let me know what they think looks good and so on.
46537_lav_roo_017.jpg
Black pullet
46537_lav_roo_015.jpg
Blue The Splash are just feathering out and don't look good now.
Now the Wheatons
46537_lav_roo_019.jpg

46537_lav_roo_008.jpg

46537_lav_roo_012.jpg

Now the CM
46537_lav_roo_016.jpg

46537_lav_roo_021.jpg

46537_lav_roo_020.jpg

from what I read she is still working on the breed and it is from my understanding that they are "rented" for lack of better term to them while she works to improve the breed. To free her up for more researching and exc...

thanks for the heads up , i have 1 roo and a hen (wheaten ) that are half the flock i am starting that came from her eggs along with 2 hens from budy henery eggs , i now have around 17 hens from young to old great lady and i got great egg color from all her eggs she gave me...i got the pick of a rooster from 5 to look at ..i wish her the best

Quote:

I just had a great hatch from my bayhorsebonnie eggs!! I ordered 6, she sent me 10 ( all the way from CA to FL) and 8 hatched
smile.png
smile.png

No problems whatsoever, and all the babies look great. I went to sleep the night before they were due to hatch, and in the morning there were babies everywhere! All just chirping, cooing, and trilling away. That never happens to me with Marans eggs lol.
I also have 4 golden cuckoo marans that just hatched from pasofinofarm's eggs too! Yeah!! Now my other lone light golden cuckoo baby will have his own flock someday.

Quote:
they have birds from her that they got from her last year and is there breeding stock... bev helped them pick out there breeders... then they are driving to her house to pick up all the chicks she is selling each week... then they are selling them for her... she said that she does not have the time to sell them and talk to all the ppl and still work on all her breeding projects... i think by next year they will have all of her birds but the ones she is woking on still(witch is still alot lol)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom