Marble lump in neck

I've noticed it maybe 2 weeks now.
It's not his crop it's way above that but not as far as his beak. I can try and get pics in few it is pouring rain right now.

Attachments

• 1025201057a_HDR~2.jpg
    1025201057a_HDR~2.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 16
They eat mini feed pellets, but I've tried oatmeal but he only gets a little down then starts hacking like he's choking
I will in few its pouring rain and I'll need help holding him to get good pic. He is all bone no meat at all on him
You don't see anything inside the beak?
What does the lump feel like - hard, soft?

You can try crop/tube feeding him, but that takes daily commitment maybe for the rest of his life. I don't know what the lump would be - maybe a tumor or something else - a vet may be able to tell you.

Sounds like he's slowly starving to death, so if you don't plan on tubing him then kindly putting him down may be the better option. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/crop-feeding.75454/

You don't see anything inside the beak?
What does the lump feel like - hard, soft?

You can try crop/tube feeding him, but that takes daily commitment maybe for the rest of his life. I don't know what the lump would be - maybe a tumor or something else - a vet may be able to tell you.

Sounds like he's slowly starving to death, so if you don't plan on tubing him then kindly putting him down may be the better option. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/crop-feeding.75454/
He doesn't have anything in his beak, and he just keeps coughing up everything he eats. It's a soft lump I can move it but it goes back.

He doesn't have anything in his beak, and he just keeps coughing up everything he eats. It's a soft lump I can move it but it goes back.
He coughed this up...looked like dead worm
So he's coughing?
Seriously, is one end of that worm forked on one end, hard to tell - if you still have that worm get some better photos.
I would go get some Safeguard Liquid Goat De-Wormer asap! Give him 0.23ml per pound of weight orally once a day for 5 days in a row.
Don't delay on getting the meds. If that is a Gapeworm, hopefully you have caught it early enough that there's not too much damage and he will recover.

Look at Tractor Supply in the Goat Section. If they don't have the liquid, then you can use the paste which is in the Horse Section. Get the smallest syringes they have at your Tractor Supply.

1603751273647.png
1603751345285.png

So he's coughing?
Seriously, is one end of that worm forked on one end, hard to tell - if you still have that worm get some better photos.
I would go get some Safeguard Liquid Goat De-Wormer asap! Give him 0.23ml per pound of weight orally once a day for 5 days in a row.
Don't delay on getting the meds. If that is a Gapeworm, hopefully you have caught it early enough that there's not too much damage and he will recover.

Look at Tractor Supply in the Goat Section. If they don't have the liquid, then you can use the paste which is in the Horse Section. Get the smallest syringes they have at your Tractor Supply.

View attachment 2388497View attachment 2388502
I felt his crop today and he had food there finally. I don't have that worm but I will go get that safeguard anyway and give him some

Back
Top Bottom