Here we just use what is in the feed. Oyster shell free choice for laying hens after 15 weeks. We have liquid calcium in the health poultry isle for boosting calcium quick when a hen is not consuming enough and not producing good shells. On our bags it just lists calcium carbonate and I do not know if Marble powder is the form of it or not since it is not listed as Marble Powder.

...On our bags it just lists calcium carbonate and I do not know if Marble powder is the form of it or not since it is not listed as Marble Powder.

By "MARBLE" I assume you mean the material that statues are carved from and not those cat-eyed round glass balls that little boys play with. The mineral known as "MARBLE" is in fact limestone, calcium carbonate, or just plain old oyster shell. Mineral marble has undergone a long and intense period of heat and pressure while buried underground. There use to be a brand of chicken grit known as "Marble Grit" that also served as a substitute for oyster shell. So yes mineral marble is fine for chickens but I question what is meant by "DUST"

Back
Top Bottom