March 2017! Hatch with us!

One of my poor little chicks has a crooked beak. I've never been successful in fixing that. It's 3 weeks old and it's beak has been progressively getting worse. It's eating and drinking and growing. I'll keep it inside with the younger chicks for a while. Give it a bucket type feeder. Any other suggestions?

One of my poor little chicks has a crooked beak.  I've never been successful in fixing that.  It's 3 weeks old and it's beak has been progressively getting worse.  It's eating and drinking and growing.  I'll keep it inside with the younger chicks for a while.  Give it a bucket type feeder.  Any other suggestions?  
I have one of my first hatch with a stretched out leg I tried numerous times to correct it from day one each time I did in about 2 minutes it would be undone I tried even duct tape to no avail he is growing but will be a pet bird till he gives up I can't put him down and my old lady will not let me anyway but I hate to see one that way but it's life I'll let him live as full a life as he can.

I don't know how to post a video, or even a picture.

If you're using a phone it's the third square on the upper part of the reply box. Touch that square and follow the prompts. It will allow you to take, or upload a picture from your phone library.
1f44d-1f3fb.png

The turkey egg with the really messed up air cell passed away. :( I think it ran out of room to grow. The air cell was almost down to the bottom on one side. The other 5 are doing just great though.

The cracked egg with the blood ring has quit too. The veins all receded and the fetus stopped moving. Sucks cause it was a cream legbar and I was only setting 6 of them. 2 were clears and then this one quit. :p

Last edited:
The turkey egg with the really messed up air cell passed away.
sad.png
I think it ran out of room to grow. The air cell was almost down to the bottom on one side. The other 5 are doing just great though.
I'm sorry you lost the 1, but that is AWESOME the other 5 are doing so good. What are baby turkeys called? I normally say "go chickies go", but I can't do that for yours, can I?

I'm sorry you lost the 1, but that is AWESOME the other 5 are doing so good.  What are baby turkeys called?  I normally say "go chickies go", but I can't do that for yours, can I?  

Lol. They're called poults. Though I say chick half the time when I'm talking about them.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. My husband surprised me with these two giant chickens for my birthday. The rooster is 6ft tall (bigger than me!) and the hen is 5 ft tall. That's my 9 year old standing by it.

Back
Top Bottom