March 2017! Hatch with us!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by orrpeople, Mar 2, 2017.

1. orrpeople

orrpeople Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2016
    Redding, CA
    Well, somewhere between now and setting for the Easter hatchalong, quite a few of us have eggs that will be hatching!! :jumpy
    So, why not join our 'mellow, kick-back band of hatching pals for a little encouragement, anecdote telling, and camaraderie for the blustery month of March!
    :frow
    Here are my eggs and their due dates:
    [​IMG]
    Due March 11
    [​IMG]
    Due March 16
    [​IMG]
    Due March 16

I also have some Cream Legbars I forgot to photograph from Jeff at Papa's Poultry and some ebay Silverudd's Blues and SFH

I hope you will join us!!

1 person likes this.
  2. yeye5

yeye5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2016
    North East Florida
    Hello again! Didn't we just meet up on the egg isle (feb hatchalong)? Lol.
    I guess I qualify for this thread since the 1st chick got around to hatching the 1st day of March :)
    Still no clues about the rest of them but Mima is unmovable on that nest so March...let's see what's in store!

3. orrpeople

Jun 15, 2016
    Redding, CA
    Awesome! Haha! Well, one thing is for sure, you will have some great stories to tell about this hatch - ones I'm sure will encourage other folks who have "unusual" broody situations!

4. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    I have some eggs in to hatch around the 19th, fingers crossed. OE Mutts, Icelandics and perhaps a Rose-combed RIR or two.

5. orrpeople

Jun 15, 2016
    Redding, CA
    So great! Rose combed RIR - I'd love to hear a little about the genetics for that - very cool! I think Icelandics are stunning! :yiipchick

6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Due to hatch in March (as of today) -- Lavender orpingtons, bantam cochins, silver duckwing OEGB's, self-blue OEGB's, seramas, Ohikis, chocolate orpingtons, and Call Ducks!!

The LO's, CO's, cochins, SDW's are from my own flocks. The SB's, OH's, and Calls are from @RavynFallen !! [​IMG]

7. yeye5

Jun 11, 2016
    North East Florida
    True on that! (If I don't go cookoo first).
    I'm happy to see this March hatchalong. Thanks for starting it!

8. lilwildrabbit

lilwildrabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    I was with the February hatch-along my first time and now I'm trying my second batch I have sex links. Buffs, and some astralops in the cooker now on day 6 I have this time fresher eggs more knowledge and a great group for support! Happy hatchalong everyone!!

9. yeye5

Jun 11, 2016
    North East Florida
    That sounds like a fascinating combination to hatch! What is a "self-blue"? Thanks.

10. yeye5

Jun 11, 2016
    North East Florida
    Howdy again! I'm so glad I know so many people from February. I had a feeling you'd said you were putting the 25 in next. Did you set them yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by