MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
What day do chicks start chirping inside the egg? I have some eggs on day 16, i assume they start chirping day 19-20
They chirp when they've internally pipped. You should have an external pip by later today/tomorrow. Then a chick the day after that. It's always a good sign to hear chirping.

Are you confident about your dates?

I set these eggs almost 4 days ago, I candled before day 7 *slaps wrist* because I suspected the eggs in the below carton from a diff farm, isbars blue eggs, were not fertile.
bluei.PNG

I don't see any activity yet, but I will let them go for another couple days. I was really hoping for those!

The Brown eggs in the upper carton + the one blue, are very fertile, all have spider veins active! So at least I have something to work with. But I will just be hatching to hatch with them. (BY mixes) I do have to be careful what I say because I will get my wish. (Yes, I care, just not TOO much.)

I set these eggs almost 4 days ago, I candled before day 7 *slaps wrist* because I suspected the eggs in the below carton from a diff farm, isbars blue eggs, were not fertile.
View attachment 2550442
I don't see any activity yet, but I will let them go for another couple days. I was really hoping for those!

The Brown eggs in the upper carton + the one blue, are very fertile, all have spider veins active! So at least I have something to work with. But I will just be hatching to hatch with them. (BY mixes) I do have to be careful what I say because I will get my wish. (Yes, I care, just not TOO much.)
That's disappointing. Did you buy them as hatching eggs or table eggs? If you bought them as hatching eggs a refund or replacement is in order.

I've inquired after or purchasing some questionable hatching eggs I never make assumptions. Not saying you do just sharing my experience. One guy was selling hatching duck eggs. I asked about hatch rate. Come to find out he'd never successfully hatched a single egg from his flock. Despite "numerous attempts". Yeah I got duck eggs elsewhere. Another person was selling a dozen hatching eggs of a breed I wanted. When I asked about their hen:rooster ratio they only had 1 hen! Even if she laid every day some of those are getting pretty old. I'd hatch from my own birds' eggs up to 2 week, no problem. But selling eggs that old for hatching and charging full price? Not cool.

Back
Top Bottom