MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
We are also doing our first hatch. We have 9 home eggs in the incubator and we are on day 6. Should hatch on March 20th? Three are silver cuckoo marans eggs, and six are snowy white easter egger eggs. Our main rooster is a silver cuckoo marans, but we did also have the snowy white easter egger rooster in the mix less than a week before we put them in. We re-homed him when he started fighting the marans and wanting to mate. So, mostly F1 olive eggers? With a few full silver cuckoo marans, but the slight outside chance of full snowy white easter eggers. Or, as first time hatchers... I'll be happy if one or two make it honestly.

Ok I got some photos it was dark enough

What do you guys think, the chick is still alive !
Each photo is of one side of the egg:
0E32C516-0E9D-4C84-AEA9-4BE1549B450C.jpeg

6D84178D-EA97-4BC4-9984-2F175B87A34F.jpeg

What day is this egg? The veining looks good. Not sure what to make of the bubbles.😊
Day 16, the only time I have seen something like this was a malpositioned chick when I was candling on lockdown day. At the time I didn't realize but then it ended up pipping on the wrong end overnight and probably drowned. I was so mad at myself because I knew something was wrong I just didn't know what. Maybe this one will get into the right position when I put it on its side and lockdown.... :fl

Day 16, the only time I have seen something like this was a malpositioned chick when I was candling on lockdown day. At the time I didn't realize but then it ended up pipping on the wrong end overnight and probably drowned. I was so mad at myself because I knew something was wrong I just didn't know what. Maybe this one will get into the right position when I put it on its side and lockdown.... :fl
I almost expect my chicks to be malpositioned when they come from shipped eggs at this point.
You never know! Just keep a close eye, looks good right now anyway.😊

Back
Top Bottom