MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
Well, don't fret about it, but I have noticed that silkies are more fragile if they were to be exposed to too high of temps or too low. In other words, they can die a bit quicker in the egg.

Ahhh.... Gotcha! Well, I ordered 12 eggs and they sent me 22 so let's hope we come out on the upside! I'm using a Nurture Right 360 that I got for Christmas. I've only had one hatch prior to this one so the shiny hasn't worn off yet.... 😂

I'm pretty excited... This is my first time hatching Silkies. I don't even know what colors they sent so it's going to be a big surprise! ☺
They likely sent you a good mix. Out of 14 that I hatched last year from them, 6 were splash, 4 were blue, 1 was black, 1 was partridge, 2 were white. 😊

I'm realy envious of your incubators. I searched realy long but found nothing that matched my needs and also meet my price expectations. I will save up some money but this year we have to built a new coop... so there will be no new incubatore in the near future.
Do you have a local buy and sell website in Austria? Maybe you can find a good used one? 😊
Wonder if you can get one sent over from the US, like the Nurture Right 360, you would have to use a converter for the electricity though. They are around $150 US.
Brinsea is made in Great Britain. They are pricey here, so expect they are there as well. I know that Great Britain is no longer a part of the EU, but maybe getting one from there would be doable?😊

Back
Top Bottom