March 2023 hatch-a-long

I can't tear my eyes off my incubator! 4 other eggs have started external pipping and I even hear some chirping! Day 20/21! The other egg that pipped early is still going, but like another member said it did so the wrong end. I hope it'll be ok. I did place a humidifer nearby and a bowl of steaming water with a fan blowing at it in the entire room.

How far into day 19 are you? Your incubator may have been running high. It may not hatch till day 20 which I have had often.
It was about 24hrs after I placed them into lockdown, but these are bantam eggs and I heard they do hatch early sometimes.

I have my first pip from my Calls in lockdown!! Hoping for no more losses. 🤞

Attachments

• A31AF190-8471-43AE-912A-88B08B6484EF.jpeg
    A31AF190-8471-43AE-912A-88B08B6484EF.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 1
That's awesome!

Nothing for me still and I'm sorta freaking out. I didn't see nearly as much movement when candling and I just used a food thermometer to check through one of the vent holes and I think my temp has been too low. They are definitely developing but I have to wonder if I damaged them to where they won't develop properly or fully. :( It was closer to 96 in both of them, which is just odd because I've never had it run that low with the numbers it reflects on the built-in thermometer. I normally have two additional thermometers in each one but they've apparently been misplaced since last summer, so I just had the one and I use it more for humidity. Totally forgot I had a magnetic one on the side of the fridge I could have been using to spot check at least! Really, really kicking myself as this was really the one chance I will have till fall. Hope I am worrying for nothing but typically I have one or three that hatch a day or two early, so I was fully expecting to see pips by now. I know they develop slower at lower temps that are still within incubation range, so maybe that's all this is. :barnie
Fingers crossed all is fine!!!!!! The bigger shipped eggs seem to be taking longer for me.

We have our first duck egg pip!
View attachment 3433267
My son had a friend over and he helped collect eggs. I handed him 2 duck eggs and asked him to bring them inside. Do you know where that stinker put them? In the incubator! A child after my own heart. 🤣 I didn't really mean to do a staggered hatch but maybe it's meant to be with our pekin getting injured! There's nothing cuter than ducklings!
Ducklings are adorable!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom