March 2023 hatch-a-long

I can't tear my eyes off my incubator! 4 other eggs have started external pipping and I even hear some chirping! Day 20/21! The other egg that pipped early is still going, but like another member said it did so the wrong end. I hope it'll be ok. I did place a humidifer nearby and a bowl of steaming water with a fan blowing at it in the entire room.

It was about 24hrs after I placed them into lockdown, but these are bantam eggs and I heard they do hatch early sometimes.
AH yes! Many have said their bantams hatch on day 18/19

and yes a pip on the wrong end can take up to 48 hrs to hatch since it is a combined internal and external pip in one...... all of mine have made it just fine that have done that.

I can't tear my eyes off my incubator! 4 other eggs have started external pipping and I even hear some chirping! Day 20/21! The other egg that pipped early is still going, but like another member said it did so the wrong end. I hope it'll be ok. I did place a humidifer nearby and a bowl of steaming water with a fan blowing at it in the entire room.

It was about 24hrs after I placed them into lockdown, but these are bantam eggs and I heard they do hatch early sometimes.
I had a standard size - chantecler - hatch early last time and it’s a fair size chicken. Showed a possible internal pip before lockdown so I put them into lockdown early. Hatched about 9 hours before day 21 officially started and pipped externally day 19.

I had a standard size - chantecler - hatch early last time and it’s a fair size chicken. Showed a possible internal pip before lockdown so I put them into lockdown early. Hatched about 9 hours before day 21 officially started and pipped externally day 19.
The ones I have now don’t look as far along to me which is odd since I’ve done everything the same except candled less and one day humidity dropped to 30. Last ones were shipped eggs with saddled air cells and these are local! Sometimes you can’t predict how things will go. I’ll candle tonight to see if I can gauge where things are at but I’m glad I took Monday off because I feel like these eggs are going to stay cozy in their shells a little longer.

I find hatching on day 20 is pretty common or for me it is. This little one that just hatched pipped on day 19 (think about mid way or 3/4 of the way through day 19) and hatched a few hours into day 20.

I also think I’m going to have to go buy another heat pad to sort out my mama heat pad. The one I have is small and I’m concerned it won’t be enough. I’m really pushing it here so tomorrow after work is get’r done. Worst case scenario I’ll lay it down for them but want to make it the best possible. I bought a shelf rack and I’ll bend the legs to make it lower but just doesn’t seem big enough. Perhaps a cardboard box over as well to trap heat with an entrance.

Back
Top Bottom