March 2023 hatch-a-long

It's a march thread
Well this is my first time hatching chicks and I'm so excited just want to share with everyone:wee
Currently six eggs are being incubated by my baby which this is her first time ever,:woot they are due anytime from 14-15 of February which means they are valentine chicks, which also mean that name would be given to the first born chick:jumpy
Wish me good luck I hope she gives 6/6

I'll be hatching in March as well.
More easter/olive eggers as I'm trying to hatch a lot of pullets for future sex-link back crosses.
Will also be doing some pure Marans, possibly ordering some Cream Legbars and who knows what else I get myself for my birthday
Woohoo. Glad you are joining. I would love more CCL!!! Of course mine is a brat and won't lay still. Lol

It's a march thread
Well this is my first time hatching chicks and I'm so excited just want to share with everyone:wee
Currently six eggs are being incubated by my baby which this is her first time ever,:woot they are due anytime from 14-15 of February which means they are valentine chicks, which also mean that name would be given to the first born chick:jumpy
Wish me good luck I hope she gives 6/6
Welcome!!!! There is a Feb thread too. Hopefully you get 6/6. Have you candled at all?

I set 22 eggs today. I wouldn’t normally hatch quite this early (I usually begin gathering / incubating on the first of March), but a friend of mine wanted some chicks ASAP. These are a random assortment of barnyard crosses, with a few of my Dominique eggs in there too. They ought to hatch on March 1st.

This will be the first hatch of many this season. Always so exciting! Good luck to everyone else hatching chicks this March! The first month of spring, in what is sure to be a record breaking season in backyard Chicken ownership!

Attachments

• CAE13F5F-DD6B-4070-BA02-84B71C4C97FE.jpeg
    CAE13F5F-DD6B-4070-BA02-84B71C4C97FE.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom