March 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Ugh my broody is on her 3rd day not leaving the nest. I tried kicking her out yesterday but she just circled around the coop/me and ran right back. Going to try again today. I have a camera in my coop so know she hasn't left.
I thought you were hatching with a broody and the bator?
Wife just texted, said a 4th has pipped, and the eggs are chirping.
Woohoo I’m so excited for you!

Just did a checkup on my 7 bantam eggs and they're doing well except for one egg that is underweight. Hatch day is the 17th just in time for St Patrick's Day! This is my first time hatching eggs and I can't believe there's only one week left before they hatch! Hoping I get 7 healthy chicks!

Quick question for y'all, did anyone here ever had an air cell that runs down in a line on the side of the egg? A few of my eggs have the normal round air cell on one end, but then it extends into a fat line to the side. I'm worried if it might be problematic during hatching.

I thought you were hatching with a broody and the bator?
Yes I have 16 in the incubator that are on day 14. Woohoo 2/3 of the way there. Then 9 under a broody on day 5. I peeked at a couple today, it was still a bit too light out so put the candler and egg in my sweatshirt and poked my head in lol, so didn't check all saw a couple babies and a couple that may be clear.

Just did a checkup on my 7 bantam eggs and they're doing well except for one egg that is underweight. Hatch day is the 17th just in time for St Patrick's Day! This is my first time hatching eggs and I can't believe there's only one week left before they hatch! Hoping I get 7 healthy chicks!

Quick question for y'all, did anyone here ever had an air cell that runs down in a line on the side of the egg? A few of my eggs have the normal round air cell on one end, but then it extends into a fat line to the side. I'm worried if it might be problematic during hatching.
We are hatching buddies. Mine are on day 14 with a hatch day of the 17th. We're the eggs shipped? Guessing a saddled air cell which can happen. I haven't had issues hatching with them. I have one this time like that. I will take a pic of it for you

Back
Top Bottom