March Hatch A Long... anyone with me??

Is it normal / OK for chicks to bleed a little at the site where the yolk sac was attached?

Also is it normal for them to still have a cord attaching to something that they drag around behind them?

Is it normal that they take a while to jump out of the egg if you hatch in cartons?

I have 5 hatched today (only day 19, so they are early) and a few of them have those issues. Thanks for any help!!
frow.gif

you guys are getting me all excited about hatching I can hardly contain my self mine are due on the 17th for 42 eggs in bator 1 and in Bator 2 I have 46 due on the 26th ....

Now that I have fans in my LG incubator temps have really leveled out in a good way. I candled all of bator 1 eggs and all look like they are dancing in their eggs.
Bator 2 just got started a day laye than was expected cause I had to return the LG it wouldn't come on when I plugged it in so I had to go back and get another one.
I was tempted to get a 3rd lol but I didn't.

I can't wait to see some fluffy butts .....

Congrats to all the ones who have already hatched your babies out!!!!!! Good luck to the ones who are still incubating!!!!

Tonight will be the eve of day 10, so I'm candling tonight! I am so egg-cited!
wee.gif

I candled early a few days ago when I had some "city-boy" friends visiting... I am hatching brown eggs, and was candling with a small LED flashlight, so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to show them enough to get them interested, but there were clear signs of baby chicks in the majority of the eggs we looked at! Tonight I'll actually get to take a look at them all.
jumpy.gif

I think I'm going to end up having a hatching party with the same friends, since they got most excited when I told them that they could hear the babies peeping from inside the shell before they hatch... and I am crossing my fingers for an on schedule St. Patrick's Day hatch!
fl.gif

i put my first ever batch in my new bator...today! Should have some Sizzles around the 27th. Hoping that I do everything right and have some babies to spoil. Any pointers would be great. I have never candled eggs so i need to figure that out by the 16th! Wish me luck.

Look for veins near air sac and a dark spot near the same
then you are on the right track !!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: DAY 21...43 in lockdown...7 bantam crosses hatched, 28 'OE's hatched, 4 'OE' eggs and 4 bantam cross eggs.
Waiting for 8 others...I will give them a couple more days...

At 81% right now...
forgive me for being bad at pics...will try to soon...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom