March hatch along

I've read that since quail eggs are so small they lose liquid in the egg faster than chicken eggs do. I guess the only advice I can give is have the relative humidity a little higher throughout incubation than you would for chicken eggs. Hope that helps.
That's what I was thinking. I have a forced air but I'm not sure how well it was circulating. I think next time I'm gonna move the eggs from the outer edge to the middle every few days and see if that makes any difference.
I have a homemade cabinet incubator with a really big fan and i the temp does vary from spot to spot so definitely can happen.

Cute! And the background is awesome. That third pic from the top, looks like she's wearing a mink coat
big_smile.png

I should get my leg bands today, so hopefully I'll get close-ups of everyone when I take them out to put their bands on.

LOL yes he does, didn't notice until you said something. All he needs is some gold bling and he could be an awesome pimp! lol lol lol Or a lead gangster from an 80's movie.

Hello all, not posted for a while sorry :)
Well 6 of 7 babies hatched. All a week old now doing well. I have no idea of sex as yet lol

Y'all know wha? I just realized I had started posting in the April thread.. But my next eggs are due THIS Friday, not next. LOL. Duh.

Anyway, got the dozen Marans eggs back from their temporary home last night. This made it easy! One day of turning (today) and then I get to lock down! :lau

So. Fingers crossed that this time will go better. Some of you may recall that my last hatch was a total waste- ended up with ALL shrink wrapped, one hatched unassisted but died in the bator (I think by that point my humidity was TOO high and it drowned) and one assisted hatch that ended up dying Sunday at 5 days old.

Last edited:
Everyone's babies are so cute and thank you to those who said mine were I do love the colors too unfortunately we lost a spangle lat night u have no idea what happened pretty bumed about it

Back
Top Bottom